Digital marketing encompasses all marketing efforts that use an electronic device or the internet. Businesses leverage digital channels such as search engines, social media, email, and other websites to connect with current and prospective customers.
Using digital marketing, you can reach an enormous audience in a way that is both cost-effective and measurable. … You can save money and reach more customers for less money than traditional marketing methods. Get to know your audience and allow them to know you personally which can help to create brand loyalty.
Digital marketing refers to advertising delivered through digital channels such as search engines, websites, social media, email, and mobile apps. Using these online media channels, digital marketing is the method by which companies endorse goods, services, and brands.
For example, Think with Google marketing insights found that 48% of consumers start their inquiries on search engines, while 33% look to brand websites and 26% search within mobile applications.
Digital marketing revolves around these 5Ds: digital devices, digital platforms, digital media, digital data, and digital technology. The role of digital marketing is to help garner new traffic, leads, and sales for your business by reaching people looking for your products and services.
By itself, web marketing is the process of marketing your company online to prospective leads and high-value consumers.
The four P’s of marketing
- When you have a better understanding of your product, only then will you be able to effectively market it.
- A product can be an intangible service or a good that fulfills the needs and wants of the target audience.
- The cost of the product is based on how familiar you are with it. When it comes to demand, supply, profit margin, etc, price is to be kept in mind.
- The way you advertise your product and show it to the target customers is known as promotion. Promotion can be digital or traditional.
- Putting the right product at the right time and place in front of your target group is what traditional marketing relies on.
- When you place a product in the right situation, you increase the chances of converting the prospects into consumers.
Digital marketing includes social media mentions, websites, banner ads and YouTube videos. Digital marketing is quite similar to traditional marketing but just uses digital devices. One can start promoting business through social media marketing. Online marketing is a form of inbound marketing, and its main aim is for customers to find you.
The 7 big categories of digital marketing are:
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Search engine marketing (SEM)
- Content marketing
- Social Media Marketing (SMM)
- Pay-per-click advertising (PPC)
- Affiliate marketing
- Email marketing
Search engine optimization (SEO)
SEO stands for “search engine optimization.” In simple terms, it means the process of improving your site to increase its visibility for relevant searches. The better visibility your pages have in search results, the more likely you are to garner attention and attract prospective and existing customers to your business.
To conclude, the marketing concept is the philosophy where each and every firm should analyze the needs of their customers and makes good decisions in order to satisfy their needs.
We can say that this 21st century of marketing concepts is very challenging because there are lots of businesses available plus its competitors too. A large number of business owners are so busy managing what their business does on a daily basis that they begin to lose touch with the pulse of their industry and the world of effective marketing.
Apart from that, the internet has become a very important and powerful medium in the world of marketing. This gives much more convenience to customers who wanted to purchase any products or services without delaying times. Consumers have access to all types of information for products and services. In this way, marketing fundamentals can help you live a better life. Anyone can learn this and apply it to their business or jobs to expand.